Would you like to return to work?
After a spinal cord injury there is so much to think about. Everyone wants to participate in their lives as much as they can and regain their independence. But some of the challenges of living with SCI can seem insurmountable. This includes returning to work.
United Spinal Association’s Pathways to Employment Program is designed to support your pursuit of new job opportunities and a successful career. United Spinal’s PTE program will pair you with a trained peer mentor to work with. Your peer mentor is a person with SCI who is or was recently employed, and has experienced many of the things you will go through on your pathway to employment.
The PTE program will give you the opportunity to:
• Interact with someone who has successfully adjusted to working with a disability
• Gain practical information on resources, benefits, and work incentive programs
• Develop an employment plan
• Prepare for job interviews
• Learn self-advocacy skills
• Acquire reasonable accommodations
For more information or to sign up for the program, please visit https://unitedspinal.org/pathways-to-employment/ .
!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)(window, document,'script','https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); fbq('init', '3039672892940587'); fbq('track', 'PageView');